Widget Random Post No.

Books and More Books

I just came back from my outing with two of my housemates. With two intentions to be fulfilled -

1. to send my "girlfriend" for maintenance because of her shaking face, I mean the LCD screen is still shacking - unfortunately it will take two weeks to replace with new LCD screen but I need her for this whole week because UiTM got one week sudden holiday, so it will be bad if this whole week without her in front of my eyes. I can't update my blog, I can't spend time with FB and I can't check my mails.

2. to spend time at Pesta Buku Selangor ( Selangor Book's Festival), but bear in mind, not just spend time, I also spend some money for quite a few books. I just can resist when I saw there are so many books and so many productions therein.

So after lunch around 2 pm, we took a bus heading to Kompleks PKNS ( Perbadanan Kemajuan Negeri Selangor). The book festival is held right there inside the Kompleks PKNS building. Wow, after just step in, I was impressed by the bundle of books. I hold myself because we must go for Zohor prayer first. After settle with prayer, we went to Plaza Alam Sentral to deal with that particular shop about the shaking LCD screen of my "girlfriend". Two weeks, so I think I will come back later, I need my laptop.

Then we headed back to PKNS, and the result is;

I am a big fan of Late Usman Awang, his poems are evergreen, so I can't resist to buy the book on the right called "Usman Awang: Penghubung Sastera Moden Dengan Akar Tradisi" ("Usman Awang: The Connector of Modern Literature With The Root of Tradition"). The one on the left which is "Puisi-Puisi Pilihan Usman Awang" (The Selected Poems of Usman Awang), I have it for quite some time, so I put them together in above picure to feel the sentimental values of the books and the works of Usman Awang as well as the author himself.

Dewan Bahasa and Pustaka is selling the old books, so I can't stop myself to buy all the books as in the picture below. The collection of poems by Kemala - Pelabuhan Putih (The White Port), Wadi Leta SA - Pengalaman (Experience), Lim Swee Tin - Akrab (Intimate/Close Relationship), Rahman Shaari - Melati dan Bahang (Jasmine and Heat), and Marsli N.O - Hanya Kata (Only Word) and one antology called "Kuala Lumpur".

Afiq told me that I must have proof that all those book belongs to me, so I put the Rubik's Cube together :)

Finally I got three books from E-Sastera.com and buy one note book of E-Sastera.com as well,
- Jiwa Kacau
- Masuk Barisan

- Stingarden
( new work by well known blogger: SiNagaNaga)

I spent about RM110, I thing it is a considerable amount right? I got 11 books with RM110. I can't stay longer.. it was 430 pm and I was asking my housemates that we must go home or I will spend more there :D

I love Bahasa Melayu literature so much, I will spend for it, no matter what! (hopefully money is in the wallet)

Books are what matter!

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for.
Socrates
Books and More Books Books and More Books Reviewed by faizalnizam on July 25, 2009 Rating: 5

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of books you bought there :D Nice simple layout. I like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. nick:
    thanks for visit Nick.. yeah, I am some how crazy about books.. its great that you like my new layout.. yeah simple and nice.. hope can stay with it much longer LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's actually very cheap! You got a good deal there. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rozella:
    Yes rozella. it was a very good deal. :) now, the number of unread book will increase :D

    ReplyDelete

appreciating your feedback and response!

Post Counts

Powered by Blogger.