Widget Random Post No.

Flea As Inspiration

In my previous post, I wrote about my interest towards English Literature especially the poems is about to begin. This morning, I have learned about four more poems and I am fall in love with this one poem called "The Flea" by John Donne.

Here is part and partial of the poem;

Mark but this flea, and mark in this,
How little that which thou deniest me is;
It suck'd me first, and know suck thee,
And in this flea our two blood mingle be.
Thou know'st that this cannot be said
A sin, nor shame, nor loss of maidenhead;
---Yet this enjoys before it woo,
---And pamper'd swell with one blood made of two;
---And this, alas! is more than we would do.


Initially, I am hardly understand this poem, but then I start googling searching the interpretation of this poem, and after that I read it again and over again, finally this is the poem of the seduction from one man to his lover inspired by the flea. The flea which "suck me and then suck you" and "our blood is mingled in it".

I have remembered this 1st stanza in my head. :D cool right?

Actually, I'm so tired and sleepy but I have to update my blog, if not, later I will start to look for new template and change it again.

Nothing interesting happen today, life just goes like usual, nothing extraordinary or weird thing happen except I woke up quite late this morning causing me to rush to the class.

Right now kind of hungry and will wait till night to have dinner with all housemates. :D Like family, didn't we?
Flea As Inspiration Flea As Inspiration Reviewed by faizalnizam on July 23, 2009 Rating: 5

No comments:

appreciating your feedback and response!

Post Counts

Powered by Blogger.