Widget Random Post No.

Retro: Street Fighter The Legendary Fighting Game

If anyone would ask me what my favorite fighting game? I couldn't say anything except the legendary Street Fighter. Yes, indeed, Street Fighter is going through its evolution. But some earlier versions of Street Fighter were the starting points to any other fighting games exist today.

I made some Google search on it. Because I am seriously not sure how it had started. During my kid's days, I played Street Fighter II. But I am not sure if anybody ever play the very first version of Street Fighter - Street Fighter I.


Released as an arcade game in 1987, Street Fighter is home to a ton of "firsts". It was Capcom's first ever one-on-one fighter. It was the first Street Fighter game, a series that has spawned over a dozen sequels and successors. It was the first fighting game to feature the special attacks that are now a genre staple (think down + up + punch, etc). It was the first fighting game to use six buttons. And it was, believe it or not, the first game Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune ever worked on for Capcom.

Source: kotaku.com

I remember spent time when I was a kid played this at home after school. Who can forget the character such as Ryu, Ken, Chung Li, Sagat, Guy, Vega dan many other more. Old stuff always good. Somehow I hope I have time to get that game console and that square tape and play for the memories.


Street Fighter - the earlier versions of it will be remembered. It just nice and fun. And I believe because of it people now are able to play many variation of one-on-one fighting games.
Retro: Street Fighter The Legendary Fighting Game Retro: Street Fighter The Legendary Fighting Game Reviewed by faizalnizam on February 09, 2012 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. Vega and King were among my favourite playable characters when I played this game at the arcade. But after that I began to prefer King of Fighters more than Street Fighters because of its interesting plot and characters' fighting style. I have no idea how in the world I fell in love with Iori Yagami from KOF.

    ReplyDelete

appreciating your feedback and response!

Post Counts

Powered by Blogger.