Widget Random Post No.

When You Learn To Like

Besides blogging, I have an interest in poetry and literature and basically I only have my attention towards poetry and literature in Bahasa Melayu however currently I am in progress to polish my interest in English literature and poetry because this new semester I have this subject called Language Appreciation. I have to do research, found out the biography out the poets and learn to understand their poems. Furthermore, there is assessment where I must do a written criticism about some selected poems.

So, I start to know the great poet like John Donne, T.S. Elliot, Sylvia Plath and Edgar Allan Poe. So far, the discussion is only on the one poem by T.S. Elliot with the title 'The Love Song of John Alfred Prufrock'. As I learned, it is about the man who hardly make the choice, he always in the middle of something questioning to do or not to do something. Worse, he hardly said love to the woman he liked. He even think no mermaid will sing for him. It is interesting poem and actually I am looking forward to translate the poem to Bahasa Melayu by myself.

Throughout this semester I have 8 poems, 4 short stories and 1 drama to be studied and I hope it will be nice and smooth journey with a lot of remarkable and fantastic things to be learnt. Literature and poem is the way of people express their emotions and thoughts. More than that, literature and poem is on great method of education will full or artistic and sentimental elements. That's the reason why literature still exist until present.

So fellas, take your time, grab any literature or poetry book, give a glance, and believe me, later you will start to read and recite. :)
When You Learn To Like When You Learn To Like Reviewed by faizalnizam on July 23, 2009 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Language Appreciation! Wow...that sounds real interesting. I love good classics. The last one I read was Madam Bovary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rozella:
    yes, it just not sound, it is interesting,

    I'll find out about madam bovary later :)

    ReplyDelete

appreciating your feedback and response!

Post Counts

Powered by Blogger.